Your landlord carries insurance for losses that may occur. Unfortunately, your landlord’s
policy doesn’t cover your personal property. A renter’s Insurance policy can provide the
Personal Property covered:
- Electronics including TV, DVD, Laptop, IPAD.
- Furniture, clothes, dishes.
- Household items and appliances you own.
- Watches, jewelry and fine arts can be added Must be added via personal articles floater – ask for details. They aren’t normally included!
Renters Insurance covers against what?
- Fire or lightning
- Windstorm or hail
- Smoke, if sudden and accidental
- Sudden and accidental discharge of water or steam from plumbing, heating or A/C system or household appliance.
Additional Coverage: Very Important!
- Loss of Use – pays for additional living expenses such as hotels, eating in restaurants, etc while your living quarters are uninhabitable due to a covered Loss Fax.
- Personal property away from home – worldwide protection!
How about protecting my ASSets!
- Personal Liability coverage – 24 hour a day protection against unintentional acts
- Acts of your pets.
- Unintentional acts committed on or OFF your premises.
- Medical payments for others injured on your premises.
Most carriers offer discounts on your renter’s insurance policy if you also have another
line of business such as:
- Auto Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance